This message was sent by Dr. Ahmed Tamara, Assistant President of MUST (Heath Sector) on behalf of Dr. Mohamed Omar Abou Douh, President of MUST in collaboration with:
- Professor Sherif Refaat, Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs.
- Professor Nehad El Mahboub Dean of Faculty of Medicine.
- Doctor Mohamed Safwat the general manager of The Memorial Souad Kafafi University Hospital.
Dear members of the Misr University for Science and Technology community,
We are committed to some precautionary measures against the COVID-19 virus, which will be in effect until at least mid-winter:
It is extremely important to follow all health and safety guidelines that include the following points:
- Procedural masks are still required in the university.
- Staff and students must always wear a procedural mask unless they are alone in an enclosed space.
- You should wear a mask even when sitting two meters apart or even more.
- Masks can be removed for a brief period while actively eating and drinking but must be worn again immediately afterwards. For example, if you were eating and stopped for a conversation, put on your mask till you finish your talk.
- If you cannot maintain a distance of at least 1 meter when outside, please wear a procedural mask.
- Wear a procedural mask that always properly covers your nose and mouth.
- Change your mask four hours after wearing it, or sooner in case it gets dirty or wet.
- Coughing or sneezing into your arm or elbow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use a sanitizer frequently.
In light of the emerging new strains, some of which may be of concern as per the World Health Organization:
- We urge you to get vaccinated if you have not already done so, and to get your third dose as soon as you can.
- The vaccines are available at Souad Kafafi University Hospital ‘AT NO COST’ for the MUST community.
- And from our side, we will always remain in close contact with the Egyptian Ministry of Health, so that we could update you with the latest updates and developments.
Dr. Ahmed Tamara
Assistant to the President of the University for the Health Sector.