Psychological Counseling Unit aims to help students successfully complete their personal, emotional, social, academic, and professional development. Also, the Psychological Counseling and Guidance Unit offers services to the staff members and their families.
The goals of the Psychological Counseling Unit concerning the students’ personal development are to contribute to their mental, emotional, and behavioral growth, to assist them in acquiring the knowledge and abilities they need to address academic, social, and personal issues, and to enhance quality of life by enhancing their ability to manage stress and solve problems.
The Psychological Counselling and Guidance Unit offers group therapy, educational seminars, and one-on-one consultation services on topics like easing the transition to college and dorm life, teaching coping mechanisms for exam anxiety, depression, relationship problems and adjustment problems.
The long-term vision of the Psychological Guidance Unit aims to achieve the best results in building bridges of communication between the university and its students to prepare a generation of young people capable of personal, psychological, and social adaptation to achieve the balance with themselves and the society around them as a necessity for positive competition in various aspects of life.
The Psychological Guidance Unit provides advice to overcome the problems facing students at the scientific and academic levels, as well as social and behavioral guidance for all university students to develop their professional attitudes and interests and develop their mental health, scientific and practical capabilities to reach the required quality level of education accredited (locally and globally).
In the field of supporting and the efforts of Misr University for Science and Technology for its regular and disabled (handicapped) students, a Unit of Psychological Guidance was set up in 2009, to introduce free services, to face a lot of psychological, or academic or social problems that face the students and to acquire them the necessary daily skills in a complete state of secret and keeping the data of the students.
Students from all faculties participate in introducing the services of guide and advice inside the field of the university and organizing the cultural seminars and the psychological supporting workshops and also in receiving their new friends.
The Unit also introduces the supporting services for the stumbled students to help them to complete their academic and scientific journey.
In addition, there is updating the service of the psychological fast cure for the students during the exams and the services and programs of the cognitive behavior and the individual and group sessions.
The psychological guidance system seeks to provide advice and help students in facing the difficulties related to their university life and help them to understand their problems and work to solve them to produce a generation of young people qualified with science, knowledge and ability to make decisions, this can be achieved through the following:
Conducting group counseling sessions for similar cases.
– Follow-up cases of academic failure (due to psychological reasons).
– Providing psychological aid service to students during exams to face cases of exam riots and cases of exam anxiety and phobia.
– Providing the colleges with all the necessary data with guidance services during the preparation of the faculties for accreditation files from the National Authority for Quality Assurance of Education and Accreditation.
– Participation in the scientific day of faculties.
– Preparation the data and opinion questionnaires to identify the most important problems facing students inside and outside the university campus.
– Holding seminars and workshops through the faculties and through the psychology course in the university requirements unit to raise awareness of mental disorders – fields of positive psychology and methods of personality improvement.
– During the summer semester, an Online Webinar is held to discuss psychological issues through questionnaires and to survey the opinions of students and faculty members.
– Online monthly meetings according to the needs of each faculty.
– Providing psychological support and counseling to parents directly in the unit or via personal phone in order to preserve the confidentiality of data and to strengthen mutual trust