Under the patronage of
Mr. Khaled El-Toukhy
Chairman of The Board of Trustees,
Prof. Ashraf Haider Ghaleb
Prof. Hala El-Menoufy
Dean of the Faculty of Oral and Dental Surgery.
In the presence and under the patronage of Prof. Hassan El-Shamy, Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs, and the General Supervisor of the Italian Fellowships Program, the first module of the 9th batch of the Advanced Laser Dentistry Fellowship was held at the Faculty of Oral and Dental Surgery – Misr University for Science and Technology on Thursday 18th, Friday 19th, and Saturday 20th, May, 2023.
The Module was held under the supervision of Prof. Hoda El-Hallal and Prof. Jihad Habli from the University of Genova and Prof. Naglaa El-Kelani and Asocc. Prof. Haytham Samir from Misr University for Science and Technology.
The module included theoretical lectures and their related practical and clinical applications through workshops and their clinical implementation on different cases that were provided to the candidates from the faculty outpatient clinics.
The topics covered were:
- Light Duality of Existence: Wave-Particle.
- Laser Photonic Energy – Historical Aspects.
- Relationship of Laser Emission to «Ordinary» Light.
- Laser-Tissue Interaction.
- Production of Laser Photonic Energy by Solid-State, Gas and Semi-Conductor Based Laser Machines.
- Emission Modes.
- Diode Lasers Use in Oral Soft Tissue Management.
- Erbium Lasers Use in Oral Soft Tissue Management.
- Clinical Case Design.
- Laser Treatment of Dentine Hypersensitivity.