Impact of Climate Changes on the Egyptian Health System
The first scientific day for the Department of Nursing Administration, Faculty of Nursing – Misr University for Science and Technology was held on September 21st, 2021 under the Patronage of Mr. Khaled El-Toukhy the President of the Board of Trustees; Prof. Ashraf Haider Ghaleb, President of MUST; Prof. Fawzia Aboul Fotouh, Vice President for Postgraduate Studies and Research Affairs; Prof. Nevin Samir Abdel Jalil, Dean of Nursing College; Prof. Yosriya Mohamed Ibrahim, Vice Dean for Postgraduate Studies and Research Affairs and Prof. Hemat Abdel Azim Head of Nursing Administration Department and President of the Scientific Day; in addition to the presence of a group of professors and leaders of the Nursing Administration Departments from other universities and major hospitals (Al-Galaa Hospital for Military Forces, Suad Kafafi Hospital, Alnas Hospital, 57357 Hospital, Baheya Hospital, Saudi German Hospital, Rufaida Hospital, and Sheikh Zayed Specialized Hospital).
The most important topics of the Scientific Day were:
1. Using technology to protect the environment from harmful health waste.
2. Developing the health care system in harmony with climatic changes.
3. Managing health information systems in light of climate change.
4. The role of nursing leaders in facing climate change.
At the end of the Scientific Day, the following issues were highly recommended:
1. Raising awareness about sustainable development and its importance in maintaining a safe health system.
2. Raising public awareness of how to reduce pollution and deal with various environmental problems.
3. Enhancing the concept of the green environment in the health field.
4. Develop a strong action plan to confront climate crises and emergencies in cooperation with the concerned organizations.
5. Developing an updated therapeutic protocol to treat emergency health referrals related to climate changes